Making a Will and Creating Trusts
Making a will is the best way for your estate to be distributed the way you want it to be.
Without a will, your estate will be administered according to the strict English legal system which may involve a large Inheritance Tax bill, create unnecessary work for your loved ones and result in assets being distributed in a way which does not reflect your preferred intentions.
Our lawyers have extensive knowledge in drafting wills and creating trusts to ensure that your intentions and needs are covered. Our lawyers will meet with you to discuss your estate in depth and where appropriate they can work with your accountants and financial advisors to ensure that your estate is administered in the most tax efficient way possible.
The key reasons for making a will are listed here:-
- To protect a loved one’s interest in a property
- To distribute your estate to those who you intend to receive it
- To make your wishes known in respect of particular items or family heirlooms
- To make gifts to your chosen charities
- To ensure that your estate is distributed in the most tax efficient way
- To provide for an unmarried partner, who would normally not be considered under the laws of intestacy
- To appoint a guardian for your children under the age of 18
How much will it cost me?
We normally charge £180 (incl VAT) for a basic single will, and £270 (incl VAT) for two basic wills that mirror one another (for couples). Where your needs are more bespoke, our lawyers will discuss your options with you at the outset, together with the expected costs to enable you to make an informed decision.
How long will it take?
This depends on your needs, but would normally take no more than a week for us to prepare the will and send you a draft.
Email or call us now to arrange an appointment.