Probate and Administration of Estates
We understand that dealing with bereavement is an extremely emotional time. We offer a service founded on many years of experience in probate and administration of estates. Whether you are looking for advice in your capacity as an executor or you would like us to apply for probate of the Will, or letters of administration, we are available to assist.
We can do the following for you.
- Write to all banks and financial institutions to obtain balances.
- Obtain an open market valuation of any property.
- Obtain an open market valuation of furniture, jewellery and home contents.
- We will ascertain the assets and liabilities of the estate.
- Complete Inheritance Tax Forms.
- We will calculate whether Inheritance Tax is due and pay it to you.
- Obtain a Grant of Probate / Grant of Letters of Administration
- Pay all debts and administration expenses.
- We will prepare the estate accounts and agree them with you.
- We will transfer or distribute the assets of the estate to the beneficiaries.
How much will it cost?
Our charges will depend on the size and complexity of the estate. Once our lawyers have met with you to go through the initial information, they will calculate the expected hours required to carry out the administration and provide you with a clear estimate of costs. These costs will normally be paid for out of the estate, and billed regularly throughout.
How long will it take?
Again, this depends on the size and complexity of the estate. Some estates can be administered in a few weeks, others can take months. Once our lawyers have met with you they will be able to give you a clear idea of the expected timescales.
Email or call us now to arrange an appointment.