Remortgaging a Property
Solicitors in Helston for Remortgaging a property
In a normal transaction we would expect to do the following:-
- We will obtain an up to date copy of the title documents and check these on behalf of the mortgage lender to ensure that there is nothing untoward which needs attention at that stage.
- We will apply for a redemption statement (to tell us how much is owing) early on in the transaction to ensure that there are no unexpected additional charges to be levied by your existing lender which will need to be taken into account. A few lenders charge for producing such statements and this sum is added to the mortgage account to be paid on redemption of the mortgage.
- We will carry searches which are considered appropriate for the property and in accordance with the requirements of the new mortgage lender and as agreed with you.
- When all searches and enquiries have been answered satisfactorily we will report to you on the mortgage deed and liaise with you for signing the mortgage deed.
- We will apply to your existing mortgage lender for a redemption statement and, simultaneously, apply to your new mortgage lender for release of mortgage funds.
- We will carry out final searches and completed on the day you want us to.
- Following completion we will pay the outstanding mortgage and account to you for any balance due to you at that stage. We will at the same time complete the application to the Land Registry for registration of the new mortgage.
- Once the Land Registry have registered the new mortgage we will forward a copy of the revised Title Information Document to you and the new lender is required.
How much will it cost me?
How much it will cost you will depend on the property and on your circumstances. Our fees start at £350 + VAT but there will be other associated costs to consider.
Email or call us for a detailed estimate. You will need to tell us a bit about the property (value, size, flat or house etc.). We aim to provide you with a detailed estimate within 1 working day of you emailing us.
How long will it take?
Again, this depends on the circumstances, but we find that the majority of transactions complete within 3-4 weeks. Much depends on the mortgage lenders. We will work closely with you to ensure that timescales fit to your needs.