Selling Commercial Property
Solicitors in Helston providing legal services for selling a commercial property.
In a normal sale transaction we would expect to do the following:-
- We will collect from you all relevant papers for the property including copy title documents and completed commercial property enquiry forms to enable us to prepare the sale contract.
- We will prepare the sale contract and send it to your buyer’s solicitor with all supporting documentation.
- We will deal with enquiries raised on behalf of your buyer.
- We will advise you on the sale contract and, when you are ready to do so, exchange contracts, at which stage you are irrevocably committed to the sale.
- We will then deal with pre completion matters including approving the Transfer document (to transfer the property into your buyer’s name) and prepare final accounts.
- We will complete your sale and report to you.
How much will it cost me?
How much it will cost you will depend on the property.
Email or call us for a detailed estimate. You will need to tell us a bit about the property (value, size, flat or house etc.). We aim to provide you with a detailed estimate within 1 working day of you emailing us.
Please bear in mind that selling commercial property is likely to have tax consequences, and so early advice from your accountant should be sought at the same time as choosing a lawyer.
How long will it take?
Again, this depends on the circumstances, but we find that the majority of transactions complete within 6-8 weeks, sometimes a little longer, sometimes a little sooner. We will work closely with you to ensure that timescales fit to your needs.