Selling a Business
We act for a great number of clients wishing to sell their business, so whether it is preparing for retirement, or the need for pastures new, we can help you move forward.
In a normal transaction we would expect to do the following:-
- Obtain copy title documents and ancillary papers to enable us to prepare the draft contract and supporting documents, known as disclosure.
- We will draft the contract and supporting documents to effect the transfer.
- We will deal with enquiries raised on behalf of the buyer.
- We will deal with the Landlord to obtain consent to assign of the lease.
- We will prepare for completing your matter on the agreed completion date including reporting to you with our accounts and drawing down funds if applicable.
- Following completion we will check that the buyer has completed registration of any ownership or lease of the property at the Land Registry.
How much will it cost me?
How much it will cost you will depend on the business.
Email or call us for a detailed estimate. You will need to tell us a bit about the business (value, industry, employees, and assets). We aim to provide you with a detailed estimate within 1 working day of you emailing us.
Please bear in mind that selling a business will require advice from an accountant. We therefore recommend you take early advice from an accountant at the same time as choosing your lawyer.
How long will it take?
Again, this depends on the circumstances, but we find that the majority of transactions complete within 6-8 weeks, sometimes a little longer, sometimes a little sooner. We will work closely with you to ensure that timescales fit to your needs.